cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Call Alerts - CER 12.5

san.carlos
Level 1
Level 1

We have alerts configured and location is one of the attributes that gets included in the alert. The location information currently  provide with alerts is the location label of the IP subnet configured in CER. In previous versions of CER, the location info sent was the port description, provided we had this enabled on the switch object. This setting is still enabled on all of the switches in CER, but it is not included in the alerts. Is that no longer possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If a phone is found by both IP Subnet and by Switchport, I think the IP Subnet wins. This would apply to conflicting information as well as the information provided to the Alert personnel. So give deleting a subnet a try and see what happens.

Maren

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Are you tracking the phones via IP Subnet or via Switchport tracking? If you are receiving the IP subnet label as the location, this means CER is locating the phone via IP Subnet and not via Switchport. If the phone had been located via switchport tracking, the description on the port would be what is transmitted.

Maren

Thanks for your response. It is switchport tracking. We have all of our LAN switches entered under the Phone Tracking tab with CAM based tracking enabled and use port description as port location enabled, but also have the IP subnets under the ERL Membership tab for ERL assignment.

If you are assigning ERLs based on IP Subnets, then that is what CER goes with. Did you also assign ERLs based on switchport?

Maren

Not on a mass scale, just when switchports with a phone don't have an assigned ERL, which is seldom. Should I delete the IP Subnets and assign ERLs using switchports?

If a phone is found by both IP Subnet and by Switchport, I think the IP Subnet wins. This would apply to conflicting information as well as the information provided to the Alert personnel. So give deleting a subnet a try and see what happens.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: