cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error registering a Cisco 2811 Gateway with a clustered CallManager 4.3

joguevil2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i'm having problems registering a Cisco 2811 Gateway with a VWIC2-1MFT-E1 interface card with Cisco CallManager 4.3.

The error displayed when debugging mgcp is the following:

//-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/MGCP/mgcp_mp_get_not_entity(828):[lvl=2]

Invalid parameter (pkt 0x4708C5E8 pkt->mgcp_parm_lines 0x00000000)

I configured mgcp by the following:

mgcp

mgcp call-agent VOIPSVR1 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp restart-delay 300

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp validate call-agent source-ipaddr

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

!

mgcp profile default

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

service mgcpapp

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

Previously, the gateway downloaded xml config files from the Cisco CallManager without problems and, in addition, when trying to add a Route Group (in the CallManager) this Gateway does not appear

in the list of Available Devices although

I have added it through the Device->Gateway Menu.

Need some advice and help. Thank you in advance.

20 Replies 20

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as you: tried to install a VWIC2-1MFT-E1 in a 2811 on CallManager 4.3(2) via MGCP. I can add the GW in CCM, but if I want to configure the endpoints, Internet Explorer is giving "Error on page" when selecting a device pool, so I can't activate it. I tried to configure the module in other slots, without success. Also tried to configure it on a 2851, also without success. It's only possible to configure the VWIC2-1MFT-E1/T1 as a T1 on CCM on a 2811 MGCP GW, but need E1. Opened a case for this, but for the moment I don't have it running. If it's not working, I have to switch to H.323, except if you got it finally up and running as MGCP.

Greets,

David

Hi! Did you solved you problem? I have a same problem, but don't have a smartnet - I can't open case, but it is a 100% CCM bug!

No, I didn't get it running in MGCP, so I switched to H323 instead.

Can you tell me the number of SR? I try to find out what happend with your case.

Here it is: 608673541

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

I bet if you add the ip name server command in the GTWY's and the CCM in DNS your issue will go away. The GTWY is trying to resolve the name. I had the same issues added the name server commands problem solved.