Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway E and C certificate Unified CM phone security profile name

asmlicense
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have Expressway E&C. I want to add certificate both of them to make SIP trunk active. There is MS CA. Now sip trunk is inactive. Version is 8.6. I have read certification deployment guide but, could not undertsand some points well.

For example: what is Unified CM phone security profile names? Is it required? I could not find FQDN in CUCM>>System>>Security>>Phone Security Profile name to add. Guide shows DX80TLSprofile.example.com as an example.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When your CUCM is in mixed mode then Exp-C creates zone with TCP as well as TLS.

When you create DX device profile in CUCM you want to select a secure profile or non-secure ? if you choose secure you need SAN entry for that, if you choose non-secure then you don't need it.

Regards,

Alok

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Phone Security Profile is required to be created and added as SAN in the certificate when your cucm is in mixed mode and want to use end to end encryption. 

If that's not the case do not worry about phone security profile. MRA calls are anyways encrypted externally.

Regards,

Alok

Yes, CUCM is in mixed mode. Still is it required?

When your CUCM is in mixed mode then Exp-C creates zone with TCP as well as TLS.

When you create DX device profile in CUCM you want to select a secure profile or non-secure ? if you choose secure you need SAN entry for that, if you choose non-secure then you don't need it.

Regards,

Alok