cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Login Screen Display By Default

CaptainChris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to have the Extension Mobility Login Screen come up by Default on the Cisco 8841 Phone without having to press any buttons. Have the Login Screen displayed and waiting for the user to input.

If not, is there a way to have the button appear on the Main Screen without having the phone be assigned an extension?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFAIk There is no such option available. You can have a dedicated phone button for Login/Logout. So users can login/logout by pressing the phone button. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

SCCP Phones can fully register without an extension assigned, but SIP Phones must have an extension to fully register. From a liability standpoint it's probably a good idea to have an extension on the phones that can call 911 anyway. It can be the same extension on all of phones in the group, in a partition that is not dialable by anyone, with a CSS that can only dial 911.

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AFAIk There is no such option available. You can have a dedicated phone button for Login/Logout. So users can login/logout by pressing the phone button. 

Response Signature

I figured so but figured i'd ask. Do you know if there is a way to have a dedicated button on the phone without needing an extension assigned? Basically to have the phone only be used for Extension Mobility. 

SCCP Phones can fully register without an extension assigned, but SIP Phones must have an extension to fully register. From a liability standpoint it's probably a good idea to have an extension on the phones that can call 911 anyway. It can be the same extension on all of phones in the group, in a partition that is not dialable by anyone, with a CSS that can only dial 911.

Maren

Thank You, i agree with you re 911