cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility PIN and password for login

talal.alshafie
Level 1
Level 1

can we use LDAP password to authenticate the Extension mobility for end users instead of the PIN ? since we have configure the LDAP for this reason.

thank you

Talal Alshafie

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Talal,

Extension mobility login  is designed to be authenticated via PIN, not the password, so unfortunately it is not possible.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thank you Manich.

look my case is am in a company where ALL authentications need to be change every 45 days including the PINs so i can't change the PINs for 300 employee every 45 days, i need a method to centralize this or let the users change there own PINs. can you help me with this ?!

Talal,

This is not possible. Same question was asked from your side on the below post as well, there is no point in opening multiple posts for same question:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12083971/extension-mobility-user-login

Answer is No.

Regards

Deepak

okay I know i have asked the question more than once but i need an answer that help me, i want accept NO as an answer without any explanation, CISCO should be one of leader in the security area, and the CUCM product is targeted to the enterprise companies so you should expect request like this.

Hi Talal,

You should raise your concern with your Cisco Account team if you have any queries regarding feature limitations , they can work through proper channels to see if the concern can be addressed via a feature request. Cisco support community can only provide the information which is available. Product limitations, feature requests and roadmap queries are not addressed here.

Manish

You have been given the correct answers, you need to raise your concerns with your Cisco account manager as advised by Manish.

Deepak has given you information on how users can change their own pin numbers.

Something tells me that Cisco are not going to change how the system works for one customer but fill your boots.

Extension mobility is aimed at mobility, i.e the ability for users to move about and login/logout of phones in different locations. If you don't want the drama of users having to change pin numbers then do away with EM and go back to assigning directory numbers directly to phones.

As far as changing the PIN is concerned, users can do it themselves by going to the SelfCare Portal page and then selecting General Settings

https://<IP Address of CUCM>/ucmuser/

Just make sure that the user has been assigned to the Standard CCM End Users group under the End User configuration page on CUCM to access the SelfCare Portal page .

Regards

Deepak

You can copy and change the Default Credential Policy to have the end user change his PIN after so many days.

User Management>user settings>credential policy>copy>rename default>Credential Expires After (day)*> save changes.

Apply the copied renamed Default Credential Policy to the end user PIN (edit credentials) and the PIN will update after the days you provided.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is the best you could get:

http://www.voipintegration.com/Software/Extension-Mobility-Single-Sign-On/

HOWEVER, the EM process is not changed because of this, you would need to get in touch with the 3rd party and ask exactly how they handle this login process and PIN changes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate