Helpful
Replies

Global Directory and > XML error [4] Analysis error" - specific user

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We are facing the following issue. 

While searching in the Global Directory for First name of specific user only I am getting an error message: "XML error [4] Analysis error", but can search other names ok... Tried on several desk phones , all with same error when searching for this specific first name. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

After checking the end user entry in the AD I have found the cause of the issue. 

Affected entry has  44 characters in the phone field and the phone number format is not correct. Error is present as per below. 

The XML Parse Error[4] message is received on the phone. This issue occurs when the Prompt element contains more than 32 characters. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

After checking the end user entry in the AD I have found the cause of the issue. 

Affected entry has  44 characters in the phone field and the phone number format is not correct. Error is present as per below. 

The XML Parse Error[4] message is received on the phone. This issue occurs when the Prompt element contains more than 32 characters. 

Given that phone number per ITU standards have a maximum length of 15 digits you must have some of the wall information in this field for the user.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.164

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: