Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 setup

h_hammad
Level 1
Level 1

Any help on how to setup the following scenario

CUCM---H323gateway(3925)---H323gateway (Vg204)

The problem in configuration on the 3925 to act as H323 to server CUCM and server Vg204 at the same time .

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here - but typically with a CUCM system the two VGs should not communicate directly. You would have dial-peers covering all internal numbers on each, pointing at the CUCM servers, and the CUCM servers would route to the gateways using route patterns.

If a call needs to go from 3925 --> VG204 then it would go:

3925--> Dial Peer --> CUCM Serer --> Route Pattern (and optionally Route List/Group) --> VG204

If you configure the H323 gateways to send calls directly to each other this bypasses things like CDR on CUCM, and decentralises the admin of your dial plan.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks you Aaron , but my question is how to setup the 3925 router to be H323 gateway for the CUCM call manager and to be as H323 for VG204 as well , so call from >  IP phone --- CUCM --- 3925 ---VG204---analogue phone and vise versa

the VG204 is directly connected to only 3925 router , and the 3925 connected to both CUCM and VG204

Thanks again

Hi

If you really want to configure them to send H323 calls direct to between the 3925 adn VG204, then you would configure dial-peers on each with appropriate destination-pattern set, and 'session target ipv4:x.x.x.x' set to the other device.

Bear in mind that if you don't have full IP reachability between the VG204 and all the devices associated with the CUCM that it might call, then you will probably get some problems. If you have full reachability I would configure each device to route calls between only itself and CUCM as suggested above.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

But when I try to configure the interface on the 3925 which is connected to the VG204 as H323 , it gives me error message (duplicate media ) , here is the question :

3925 G0/0 is configuered as H323 and it is conected to the network where I have CUCM

G0/1 is directly connected to the VG204 ( I want to configure this interface as H323 as well , but cant due to error message (duplicate media  )

Is there solution ?

Any particular reason why you cannot just plug the VG204 into a switch to avoid this setup??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate