Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware for CallManager, Unity and CallCenter Server

sidhupal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to build a LAB to practise at home to host Cisco CallManager, Unity and CallCenter servers on a single desktop machine in virtual environment.

I looked at the hardware compatibility list on Cisco webside but it shows all MCS-xxx Servers which I am not buying or can't afford.

Can I just go and pick up any Desktop PC with i3 or i5 processor with 1TB HDD and 6GM RAM? or Do I have to look for certain things.

Can someone please let me know.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can install it on either VMware ESXi or you can run it on VMware Workstation as long as this is just for lab, as this hardware is not supported for production deployments. Make sure you download and deploy the Cisco provide OVA files for the specific apps.

Please let me know if you need anything else before low balling the rating. If you don't feel this is helpful you can always hire someone to help you for couple hundred bucks an hour....

Chris

View solution in original post

+5 to you Chris for perfect answers on what he was asking.

There are NFR kits, but those are for partners only, and we do not provide bootable media online.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, on vmware as long as allocated number of CPUs, RAM and storage are met you will be able to install the apps, there used to be some issues with AMD based processors, but I am not sure if those still persist.

HTH,

Chris

Is there a link where it tells me the # and type of CPU, MEM and HDD space I need?

Yes, the OVA requirements are documented here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_(including_OVA/OVF_Templates)

HTH, please rate all usful posts!

Chris

Why the low rating, was this not what you were looking for? 

Chris

Hi Chris,

To be precise, here is what I have,

Desktop PC: Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.80ghz Quad processor, Intel H67 Chipset, 6GB DDR3, one 1.5TB HDD

Can I install VMWare and load CUCM, Unity, Contact Centre on it? Will this work?

Thanks.

Yes, you can install it on either VMware ESXi or you can run it on VMware Workstation as long as this is just for lab, as this hardware is not supported for production deployments. Make sure you download and deploy the Cisco provide OVA files for the specific apps.

Please let me know if you need anything else before low balling the rating. If you don't feel this is helpful you can always hire someone to help you for couple hundred bucks an hour....

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Is there a way to get CUCM, Unity and Contact Center for free/trial to test in LAB only?

+5 to you Chris for perfect answers on what he was asking.

There are NFR kits, but those are for partners only, and we do not provide bootable media online.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: