cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP, Sharepoint 2010 & 2013 - intermittence in presence status.

Hi all,

I have a very anoying problem here,

They guys from the windows department are deploying a lab with Sharepoint 2013 and they want to integrate it with the precense status from Cisco Jabber (the name.dll active x controller). We already have fully integrated Jabber + Presence 8.6 + CUCM 8.6 on our company.

The problem here is when I log on the sharepoint website, mi presence status displays fine, but after refresing the browser (F5), it does not show the status anymore, until I refresh the browser a couple of times and roll the mouse over the contact in order to display the info. Then the presen status (without refreshing the browser) returns.

Here are some Images.

Presence status displas well.

"F5" a couple of time, then nothing.

Then, I just roll the mouse pointer over the contact.

And we got presence agan.

We already have the security configuration on our browser configured.

Also, we have our Sharepoint 2010 production enviroment, and we also have the same problem here.

Can you help me on this? I would like to know.

1.- why the presence status is showing intermittence.

2.- How exactly does presence plugin (name.dll) get the status from jabber/exchange/Active Directory/Outlook/etc. (workflow diagram).

3.- How can we fix this

I ve' some research on Cisco/Microsoft's support website, they offer diferents workarrounds but none of them have been useful. So I just want to start from cero to get fresh ideas.

Im using windows 7, IE 8, Jabber 9.1.2, Cisco CUCM 8.6.1, Cisco Presence 8.6.1, Sharepoint 2013 & 2010.

kindly regards

1 Reply 1

nikhilrajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juan,

Do you remember, how you resolved this issue as we do have similar issue in our enviorment.

Regards,

Nikhil