cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Holiday Menu questions

leif_alire
Level 1
Level 1

We have just implemented a new Cisco Phone system on Dec 3rd. A question I have is every Holiday since then (we are a bank) we have messed up on setting the Holiday menu. We haven't been able to figure it out (100% new Phone System - 0% new Phone System training) so now management is of course upset about calls getting into the call center and what not..on holidays. Anyways on a Nortel system I could set holidays a year in advance and that was all I had to do nothing else on those days, our Holiday menu would play. How is this done on the Cisco phone system?I found the Holiday menu in Unity if by setting that up for our Holidays will that do it alone? What about the calendar...do I have to set that up with our schedule also? I figured the setting would be somewhere in IPCC Express?

Unity Version 4.0(4) SR1

CallManager Version 4.0(2a)sr1

IPCC Express Version 3.5(2)

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using the Unity audio text functionality to handle incoming calls? If so, then the CM stuff doesn't come into play. If that's the case you can setup holidays ahead of time but you have to record the greeting for the next upcoming holiday as you go. This is covered in a couple places but you can get a full overview of this an other audio text application functionality in the "audio text applications in Unity" paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com. Probably a good place to start.

dheavey30
Level 1
Level 1

You probably would not want Unity to monitor all incoming calls to check for holiday or schedule dates as this would tie up all of the ports.

In IPCC Express enhanced edtion you could create a date variable in the script (using the create java object) and then use a SQL statement (DBGet) to select a holiday date from an ODBC database table (but only if it matches todays date).

This would then be put into another 2 variables: date + month.

Obviously this select statement will only return data if it is a holiday so the successful branch of the dbget step would be set to play the holiday greeting then disconnect, and the no data branch would just flow into the Contact Service Queue or follow the logic of the script.

Let me know if you need more help. I know this can seem daunting if you are unfamiliar with IPCC.

Hello Damo.

I'm looking at doing something similar (check for holidays/out of hours) & as you say, if you're new to IPCC Express it can seem a bit daunting.

It was my understanding that you can only do DBGets with IPCC Express Premium (with its database integration).

How can you do the same hols checks without doing a db lookup?

I would also like to play an 'over-ride' message for fire evacs etc that would play prior to all scripts, but I'm not sure how to kick that off as it would only need enabling ad-hoc.

Any hints/tips greatfully received.

Cheers,

NJ.

Sorry for the delay, I didn't realize these versions don't have that functionality. I expect that means you will need a seperate script and make it somebodys responsibility to change it manually as needed. Not ideal I know but these limited versions such as that included with CM 4.X are upgradable.

D

There is a check holiday script in the Cisco script repositry that checks against an .XML file that you populate with the holiday dates. Call the script as a subscript from your script and you get a boolean value for whether a holiday date or not. Just used it and it works fine.