cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hosting Cisco CUCM infrastructure in Azure or AWS

farooq83
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please advise if CUCM server can be hosted in AWS or Azure or any other public cloud, if yes do we have any related documentation pertaining to it?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There was at one point a plan for some hosting using the VMWare Cloud on AWS service offering, but as far as I know that did not go forward. I cannot find anything that says this was supported at some point. As @Roger Kallberg  point out, it's not the typical workload for a cloud compute offering.

UCM Cloud or Hosted Collaboration Solution are the two "cloud" offerings of the product, if you do not want to run it on premise.

View solution in original post

No, they're different, HCS is provided/managed by the partners who have met the right qualifications, it also uses a slightly different licensing system (at least last time I looked into HCS a couple year ago, might be different now) and there are some extra servers involved like HCMF.

UCM Cloud is partner led, but, directly provided by Cisco. There are Cisco responsibilities, as well as partner responsibilities, and the partner can add capabilities to their own offering (for example, attendant console, billing systems, white glove/fully managed, etc., but that is also dependent on the choice of connectivity for your UCM cloud instance).

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration/cloud-calling-solutions-infographic.pdf

If you're interested in either, I would suggest you start by reaching out to your SE for more information on each offering, and then find out which one is available at your location.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

No it cannot be hosted in either AWS nor Azure. The cloud option that is would be to use CM hosted in Ciscos cloud.

Response Signature

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There was at one point a plan for some hosting using the VMWare Cloud on AWS service offering, but as far as I know that did not go forward. I cannot find anything that says this was supported at some point. As @Roger Kallberg  point out, it's not the typical workload for a cloud compute offering.

UCM Cloud or Hosted Collaboration Solution are the two "cloud" offerings of the product, if you do not want to run it on premise.

VMware on AWS was supported for some time, but there was little interest, then it became unsupported again and all mentions of it were removed to avoid confusion. 

HTH

java

Thanks Adam !!

One quick thing, is there really a difference between Cisco UCM and Cisco HCS and are they two different things? It sounds the same to me where Cisco provides CUCM functionality from their own data centers.

It’s at least two different service offerings from Cisco. If they are the same or not I wouldn’t know.

Response Signature

No, they're different, HCS is provided/managed by the partners who have met the right qualifications, it also uses a slightly different licensing system (at least last time I looked into HCS a couple year ago, might be different now) and there are some extra servers involved like HCMF.

UCM Cloud is partner led, but, directly provided by Cisco. There are Cisco responsibilities, as well as partner responsibilities, and the partner can add capabilities to their own offering (for example, attendant console, billing systems, white glove/fully managed, etc., but that is also dependent on the choice of connectivity for your UCM cloud instance).

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration/cloud-calling-solutions-infographic.pdf

If you're interested in either, I would suggest you start by reaching out to your SE for more information on each offering, and then find out which one is available at your location.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: