cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you search through configured Alternate Extensions to correct error message : The phone number or extension has already been assigned to some other object.

jasonmheath
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring a new Unity Voicemail Account I receive this message : The phone number or extension has already been assigned to some other object. I understand that this means that the 10 digit number I am trying to configure as the alternate extension for this user is already configured for another object with Unity.

I need to search by the 10 digit number and determine where it is configured so I can change it and map to the correct end user.

I have attempted to to search Users via DTMF Access ID using the 10 digit number with nothing being returned via that search.

How do I Search all of the copnfigured Alternate Extensions within our Unity Server?

16 Replies 16

HI, I also need to get the Alternate Extensions report, but not sure which search tool are you talking about. In CUC 12.5 we don't have that search option. Appreaciate any guidance.

Thanks

Once you log into CUC 12.5 GUI, click on Users on the left hand side, once there you should see the section where you search for the users based on whatever criteria but right above that, you should see a line of text that reads "Limit search to" with a drop down just to the right of it. By default it is set to All but if you change it to partition, it changes your search criteria and gives you the option to search for "Display Primary and Alternate Extensions in Selected Partition" with a little bubble next to it. Select that bubble and then just search for users as you normally would and it will search for extensions in both the mailbox as well as Alternate extensions.

Happy 4th!