cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many times is my Translation Pattern being used?

Luis Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 8.5.1.  I have about 50 or so translation patterns.  Is there a report that can tell me how many times each translation pattern is being used daily or weekly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I said above that you don’t see the translations in the CDR output.

However you are simply forwarding 2604 to 7824 by way of a translation. So what you can so is replace this translation with a Directory number “2604” that has a Forward All set to “7824”. This way when you look in the CDR output you will see and entry for “2604” for each call.

I have just tested and it worked for me!

Hope that makes sense!

Matty

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry, but I don't think so.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

I can’t think of a way you would report on that. I even checked the CDR output but it doesn’t show the translation!

Can you not figure out what they are based on the source and destination? I was thinking if they translate to phones that are not registered etc you could assume they are no longer used! :-)

Good Luck!

Matty

The primary issue here (IMO) is that translations are used for manipulation of digits before call routing occurs.  So, they are part of digit analysis/manipulation and would be difficult to report against.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Luis Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Okay. How about this... my telephone provider is sending 4 digits.    9725   and my voice gateway is doing a num-exp to 2604 and sending the call to the Call Manager.

Is there a way to see how many times a Number Expansion is being used on a Voice Gateway (Cisco 2901)?

If your service provider sends you 4 digits “9725” and your voice gateway is translating it to “2604” and your phone is configured with extension 2604. That would mean the translation is used for every incoming call.

Can I ask why you want to know how many times they are used?

Here is the entire setup and my problem.

Service Provider is sending 9725 and 3131. 

Voice Gateway is doing a Num-Exp to 2604 and 2403  (respectively)

Then, the Call Manager is doing a translation on both numbers to Route Point 7824 which then triggers UCCX.

Two numbers for one purpose.  I would like to remove 9725 / 2604 but I'm not sure how many times it is being used.  Are the calls that are hitting my route point coming from 9725 or 3131?  I can't tell since they both are being translated to the same Route Point.

Whats the best way of finding out?  Thanks for your time guys!!

OK, I said above that you don’t see the translations in the CDR output.

However you are simply forwarding 2604 to 7824 by way of a translation. So what you can so is replace this translation with a Directory number “2604” that has a Forward All set to “7824”. This way when you look in the CDR output you will see and entry for “2604” for each call.

I have just tested and it worked for me!

Hope that makes sense!

Matty

Very interesting.  I work give a shot and report back my findings.  Thanks for your help mmoulson1 !!

@mmoulson1 - It worked perfectly.  I was able to quickly determine that 2604 is still being used by my customers. Now I can pinpoint the customers calling in and advised them of the number change.  Thanks!!

Good one, +5!

Great news!