Views
Helpful
Replies

How to authorize smart licenses from SSM to UCM

Mingjia Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Recently, I deploy a UCM, which version is 12.5, in my environment. But now, I am getting stuck in the licenses authorization.

As the UCM needs Cisco Smart Software Manager to deploy the licenses, I have finished the installation of SSM On-Prem following the guidance. I have also finished the synchronisation with my smart account on web page. I can see what licenses I have under the tag "Inventory".

11111.jpg 

Besides, I have registered the UCM to SSM On-Prem with the token generated under the tag "General".

22222.jpg

But I find that the license authorization status is "No Licenses in Use". And the licenses on the SSM On-Prem is also not been used.

So, how could I make use of the licenses and what should I do to authorize the licenses from SSM to UCM?

Thanks for your help.

Regard.

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, what's the problem???

The license requirements show no devices or users using licenses, the "no licenses in use" is expected, everything shows 0 in there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I try to add a user associating three devices to make it to use CUWL and it shows me "Out of Compliance".

222.jpg

But in my virtual account, I have the license named "BE6000 Starter Bundle UWL 35 (12.X)". Does this mean I have 35 CUWL? But how can I activate it?

111.jpg

Thanks.

Have you enabled the BE6000 licensing mode as per the release notes? 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Roger,

Fantastic!

I made it with your guidance. I didn't know that it should change the Licensing Mode to BE6000 before.

Everything is all right now.

It's very kind of your help.

Thanks again.

Glad that you managed to get it to work.

Response Signature

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build a device requiring license in CUCM to see if it takes it then.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your guidance.

Some tries have been done to deal with it but the problem is still. I have replied some details to Jaime in this discussion. Would you mind to have a look and give me more suggestions?

Thanks again.