Views
Helpful
Replies

How to count the CUWL-Meeting / SMP license

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Not clear on the Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) license. Is it difficult for me to plan the CMS deployment.
I see, that included two licenses type as CUWL-Meeting (PMP+) / SMP. How to count the license?

The AD user use the TMS scheduling meetings / Skype for Business scheduling on CMS, which counted by CUWL-Meeting license?

The registered DX80, Jabber on CUCM to call the CMS room directly (no schedule), which counted by CUWL-Meeting / PMP license also? Becuase the DX80, Jabber assigned the UCL of CallManager (Ehn. Plus / CUWL Std.)?

The unregistered endpoint / external guest users call to the CMS room directly, which counted by SMP?

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chi,

As per the CMS release notes:

Personal Multiparty plus is an all-in-one licensing offer for video conferencing. It allows users to host conferences of any size (within the limits of the Cisco Meeting Server hardware deployed). Anyone can join a meeting from any endpoint, and the license supports up to full HD 1080p60 quality video, audio, and content sharing.

Shared Multiparty plus (SMP plus) provides a concurrent license that is shared by multiple users who host video meetings infrequently. Shared Multiparty plus enables all employees who do not have Cisco UWL Meeting licenses to access video conferencing. It is ideal for customers that have room systems deployed that are shared among many employees. All employees, with or without a Cisco UWL Meeting license have the same great experience, they can host a meeting with their space, initiate an ad-hoc meeting or schedule a future one. Each shared host license supports one concurrent video meeting of any size (within the limits of the hardware deployed). Each Shared Multiparty plus license includes one Rich Media Session (RMS) license for the Cisco Expressway, which can be used to enable business-to–business (B2B) video conferencing.

When a meeting starts in a space, a Cisco license is assigned to the space. Which license is assigned by the Meeting Server is determined by the following rules:
>> if one or more members with a Cisco PMP plus license has joined a space, then one of their licenses will be used, if not, then
>> if the person that created the space (the owner) has a Cisco PMP plus license, then the license of that owner is assigned, if not, then
>> if present a Cisco SMP plus license is assigned.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

How to verify the PMP+ license consumed on CMS?

Through API? https:///<CMS IP>/api/v1/system/multipartyLicensing  (I really don't know how can check the license usage?)  
How to the CMS recognize the PMP+ usage?
If the Space sync by AD users (%SAMAccountName%.space), that count by PMP lic.?
If TMS scheduling by AD users, that count by PMP lic.?
If DX80 / Jabber registered CM & assigned CM users, it call to CMS space, that count by PMP lic.? 

Hi,

The CMS server is capable of showing you licensing status via its API, please check pages 105-107 of the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-2-0/Cisco-Meeting-Server-API-Reference-Guide-2-0.pdf

HTH

Manish

Hi,

Yes, I know this document and tested on my lab .... 
I tested the different scenarios , but I cannot verify how come to count my PMP or SMP licenses.

Hi Manish,

So, if I have PMP license, then I have to do the API to assign license for someone,

If I have SMP license, I have to to nothing(anyone can host a meeting,but no second meeting), right?

using API ?

how can i assign PMP to a user with API . please let me know it or any other way to assign it.