cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Direct incoming calls to specific phones?

Jason Jenkins
Level 1
Level 1

can I configure Call Manager Express 8.0 gui to forward certain

incoming phone numbers to specific phones?

4 Replies 4

ciscovoiceguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

Can you provide me with more details about call flow i.e its IP Phone to IP Phone call forward or its from PSTN to IP Phone or both

Please rate it if Helpful

Thanks

Here is the situation: We have about 200 clients with a variety of phone numbers. Our help desk is split into 3 teams. Each team takes care of specific customers. Instead of calling in and having a random person answer the phone, we want certain customer calls automatically directed to specific help desk phones. I prefer to do this in the CLI. Can you give me an idea and sample config of how to configure our CME router to do this. I only recently passed the CCNA Voice but have never run into a config of this nature. Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Hi,

Also, you can use External Call Control feature of you CUCM, and then build your own application that redirects the incoming numbers to the correct numbers. Or you can find 3rd party tool to do that for you.

Regards

Jiri

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure if there is a way to do this in GUI as I never use the GUI, but you can do this easily in CLI via either defining ephone-dn with call forward all or building num-exp or translation rules.

HTH,

Chris