cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to restore unity connection publisher?

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I found a typo in the name of the publisher so I changed it in the OS Administration.  After the server rebooted I can no longer log into the Administration of the unit.  I get database error messages when I try to log in.  The subscriber is operating as primary right now.

So I guess I need to reload the machine completely.  My question is once I start the install process and bring this machine back on line, will it take all of the database information from the subscriber or is there something I need to do during the install to make that happen.  I really do not want to recreate everything that is there even though these units have not gone into production yet.

There are also no backups done since it is not in production.   I know that during the install I get asked if this is the first server in the cluster, do I answer no even though eventually I want this server to be the publisher again?

Thanx, any help is greatly appreciated.

Seth

30 Replies 30

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Seth,

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired a license tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUC 7.x H/A cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our Subscriber MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly. We mistakenly tied the license to our Publisher MAC CCCDDDAAABBB

Here is the pertinent info;

PAK - 1122A1D1201

End User Name - Seth Rosenthal

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

seth@mart.ca

Licensing Requirement in a Cisco Unity Connection Failover Environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_tech_note09186a0080abd852.shtml

Hope this helps!
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727