bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I have CME 10.5 running SIP phones. I have a hung group configured as below:

voice hunt-group 1 parallel
 list 8901,8902,8903,8904,8905
 timeout 20
 pilot 8930

Inbound calls from outside hit the Unity Conn voicemail system and when callers press 0, the call gets sent to the pilot number 8930 and rings the numbers in the list.

If for example, someone using one of the extenions in the above list sets call forwarding to an external number, the call does not get forwarded. It just keeps ringing the extension. However, if someone calls directly call that extension which has cfa configured, call gets forwarded. Can somebody provide me a solution to this issue.

All the DNs in the list have call-forward noan timeout set for 14 seconds.

Thanks, Khanal

3 Replies 3

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is expected behavior , the call-forward settings of individual hunt group members will not take effect when the call comes in via the hunt
group. Nevertheless when these phones/DN's are called directly then call-forward setting work

Please check the doc for more detail
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/
cmecover.html#pgfId-1210029

Configuring Voice-Hunt Groups

To redirect calls for a specific number (pilot number) to a defined group of directory numbers on Cisco Unified SCCP and SIP IP phones, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

• Cisco Unified CME 3.4 or a later version for SIP phones.
  • Cisco Unified CME 4.3 or a later version is required to include a SCCP phone, FXS analog phone, DS0-group, PRI-group, or SIP trunk in a voice hunt-group.
  • Cisco Unified CME 4.3 or a later version is required for call transfer to a voice hunt-group.
  • Directory numbers included in a hunt group must be configured in Cisco Unified CME. For configuration information, see the “” section.

Restrictions

• Before Cisco Unified CME 4.3, forwarding or transferring to a voice hunt group is not supported.
  • In Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions, Call Forwarding is supported to a parallel hunt-group (blast hunt group) only.
  • SIP-to-H.323 calls are not supported.
  • If Call Forward All or Call Forward Busy is configured for a hunt group member (directory number), the hunt group ignores it.
  • Caller ID update is not supported for supplementary services.
  • Voice hunt groups are subject to the max-redirect restriction.
  • A pilot dial peer cannot be used for a voice hunt group and an ephone hunt group at the same time.
  • Voice hunt groups do not support the expansion of pilot numbers using the dialplan-pattern command. To enable external phones to dial the pilot number, you must configure a secondary pilot number using a fully qualified E.164 number.
  • If call-waiting is enabled (the default), parallel hunt groups support multiple calls up to the limit of call-waiting calls supported by the particular SIP phone model. If call waiting is disabled, parallel hunt groups support only one call at a time in the ringing state. Phones that fail to connect must return to the on-hook state before they can receive other calls.
  • A phone number associated with an FXO port is not supported in parallel hunt groups.
  • Mixed shared lines and SIP shared lines are not supported with voice hunt groups.

Br,
Nadeem Ahmed

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Thank you Nadeem for the great post. Now, what options do I have so that I will be able to foward calls to an external number when none of the members in the hunt list answer the call? I came up with an idea to use shared lines concept but I didn't see the option for setting up call forwarding despite the fact that I have correctly configured the softkey template and applied to the phones in question. Thanks, Khanal

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

+5 to my friend Nadeem to share maximum details on the subject. Just to add, if hunt pilot is being called and one of the hunt group member wants to get this call on other number as well, CUCM provisions to use Single Number Reach (SNR) which I saw many customers using with hunting. I am sure this should work in CME as well.

- Vivek