Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM and Presence 11 Installation Issue

Hello Team,

Upon installing and having Operational a CUCM server v11, I have proceeded with installing the IM & Presence:

I have included the IP address of the IM&P on the CUCM Server list (image1 and image2). However, when I try to proceed with the installation of the IM&P, on the Connectivity validation there is an error, since the Server tries to connect to the default ucm-pub  and not the IP address of the Publisher (Image3).

Does anyone have a hint, how could I change this IP address to proceed with the connectivity validation?

Thanks in advance,

George

7 Replies 7

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you given correct IP address of CUCM pub while installing IMP 11.x ? As, in CUCM it is showing 10.0.19.20 but in IMP its showing 172.27.199.11

Suresh

Hello Suresh, thanks for replying.

During the installation process on the IM&M (via Console option on the VM) there is no question on which is the CUCM or the Publisher.

I only enter the Admin Username/Pass and the Database Pass.

Do I miss something?

George

What you have selected when it asks "This node is not the first node in the cluster" during installation, actually IMP is not a first node, it is the subscriber of CUCM.

Suresh

There was no question on this, I can post the installation printscreens if necessary...

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd probably look into your DNS configuration, and as Suresh mentions, you HAVE to input who the publisher is, along with the security password, if you're not getting that, you're doing something wrong in the install wizard.

What guide are you following for this??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What I have done, was to turn on the VM and start configuring the basic config via console. I assumed that upon turning on the device I would have been asked for setting up network/dns ect.

However, this was preconfigured I guess and there was no question if this was the Pub or the Sub.

It is interesting though that in image2 the IM and Presence server is shown as Publisher...

Can you suggest a guide on this?

Then you might want to try with a fresh install and not a pre-configured image, you should go through the CUCM/IM&P installation guide to understand all the steps for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate