Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Certificates on Cisco Presence 8.6

jm.rodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to import certifcates on a Cisco Presence. The problem is that the field "Root Certificate", described in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Intradomain_Federation/CUPConfig_chapter.html#wp1082867, doesn't appear.

I've tried to import a Root CA certificate and a signed certificate. They are imported correctly, but I can't select the Root Certificate because that field doesn't appear. I've tried all types of certificate: tomcat, cup, cup-trust, etc.....

Could you help me please?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What sort of certificate are you importing?

Basically you should import any root/intermediate certs as 'trust' certs, and the actual cert (if there is one) to the non-trust one - e.g. for a tomcat cert, import root/inter to tomcat-trust, and the actual cert to 'tomcat'.

You can ignore the 'root cert' field, it has been removed from the UI as it's not really needed.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What sort of certificate are you importing?

Basically you should import any root/intermediate certs as 'trust' certs, and the actual cert (if there is one) to the non-trust one - e.g. for a tomcat cert, import root/inter to tomcat-trust, and the actual cert to 'tomcat'.

You can ignore the 'root cert' field, it has been removed from the UI as it's not really needed.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.

I imported the root CA certificate and after that I imported the signed certificate.

That works well.