cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing detail of CDR logging

fred.skrotzki
Level 1
Level 1

Long story short have external number that is translated to a phone, that person left company and previous person changed translation to point another pre-existing phone (2 external to 1 phone), that person left...  Repeat cycle until you now have 6-8 external numbers pointing to one extension times a few people and it's nuts.  Now I need to determine which external numbers are still getting traffic.  In the CDR I'm not seeing anything about the call translation process and traversal thru the translation patterns, I just see the external number arriving at the internal extension.  How do I get that level of detail.  A simple field of initial incoming called number is really what I need.

If these phones and numbers where not for VP's and CxO level people I'd break them down into a few different extensions in the phone and wait a month but that will not work with this level of people and I'm trying to reclaim some 40 numbers in total over several years of previous person doing this game.

Circuit provider wants to change for all that call details and I'm trying to avoid that.

2 Replies 2

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

To the best of my knowledge, Cisco has yet to fix this issue with CDR.  It will only show you the number that the translation pattern translated to and not the actual translation pattern.  With that being said, you could cheat the system.  Instead of using a translation pattern, why not change it to a DN that has a Call Forward All configured?  So instead of translating 2125551212 to 3021112222, make 2155551212 a DN that has CFA to 3021112222.  You can then (moving forward) track the number of times that the 212 number is called.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew,

Sorry meant to reply way back when you posted this.  Unfortunately that is not currently easily possible as I'd have to re-program several hundred lines.  

What I do know is that IF I don't program a Translation number it will show up in the logs.  We implemented a call Block/Blacklist Table (http://www.unifiedguru.com/blocking-inbound-calls-to-cisco-unified-communications-manager-based-on-caller-id/) and if I put a external number in and say to block it it will show both the number they are trying to call and their number.  Which is great but only after we block the call.  If I forward it on then then it does not.