cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Makes/Receives calls but no audio is present

tamarakasal
Level 1
Level 1

My office switched to Cisco phones and IP Communicator a couple weeks ago.  I haven't been able to successfully use IP Communicator remotely but it works in our office.

The problem I have when working remotely is that it appears that I can make a phone call, I dial, it rings and then connects, but I don't hear anything and no one can hear me.  I can also call my number from my cell phone and see a call coming in, but if I answer, I have the same problem, nothing is heard on either end. 

It works fine when I'm at my desk in our office and when I test all the audio during initial opening of the application at home, everything checks out just fine, it just doesn't work on a call.

Our support people won't support us if we are remote, only in the office, which is frustrating because it works for me here, just not at home.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks,

Tammy                  

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Tamara,

Verify that you are binding the VPN Interface to the audio network under Preferences>Audio>Network>Use this adapter's address. Please see image below:

Hope this helps

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I forgot to state that you would assign (bind) the VPN Interface from the drop down selection.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

nirmalissac
Level 1
Level 1

Tamara,

This should be a routing issue, blocking RTP stream.

1) Please confirm which VPN device you use for accessing VPN. Because i have seen a couple of issues like this, where Sonicwall or some other vendor firewall for VPN, which has compatibility issues with IP communicator. So check compatibility matrix and check if the vendor model is supported by IPC.

2) Take the webpage of your IP communicator.

Streaming Statistics --> Stream 1 . There Remote address and local address should be shown, for eg like below.

Remote Address   10.28.0.229/18716

Local Address  10.28.254.78/16450

If there is any routing issue for rtp packets, the output there wil be as follows.

Remote Address 0.0.0.0/0

Local Address  0.0.0.0/0

3) Verify if any codec mismatch is there between the regions.