Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator

IrishMann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to implement the Cisco softphone for a DR plan and was thinking of installing the software in a Terminal Server or U3 USB key. Does anyone knoe if the softphone supports either of these options.

Thanks

Colin

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Colin

Alas not as per the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_5/english/release_notes/CIPC8x_RN.html

Having said that many years ago I did get CIPC 2.x working in a Citrix environment. The issue was getting the audio streams to work properly and I remember it was very very hard. I haven't tried with more recent versions and I've read that it doesn't work in other articles on the Internet.

If you have Cisco firewalling (ASA or ISR router) you could look at running CIPC on top of a VPN client (either Cisco VPN client or AnyConnect). That works well.

HTH. Barry

Thanks Barry.

I gave up on the Terminal Server idea and got it working with a USB stick and some software from a company called ceedo. www.ceedo.com

This allows me to pre-configure the softphone and simply plug it into any internet connection with a VPN to my Call Manager and provide me with telephony functions.

Thanks

Colin