Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone registration status shows "Rejected" in Call Manager

Hi,

I am trying to configure a 8945 phone to the Call Manager [version 10.5.1]. The phone status in the Call Manager shows "Rejected". Can anyone clarify me on why the phone status shows "Rejected" in the Call Manager?

Thanks for your assistance.

Rajeswari

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you try below two things:

1) Try to configure a DN on the first line followed by reset and check

2) It it does not fix the issue, then change the last two digits of phone MAC with some other wrong characters intentionally and reset

3) Correct the Phone MAC to the right one and then reset again

Next time when you respond, provide exact CUCM and FW version

Regards

Deepak

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all your assistance. This issue is kind of weird. Let me explain in brief.

We have two locations. Example: A and B

The 8945 phone was first connected in Location A. It got auto registered. The phone was actually supposed to be used in Location B (Another cluster). So, we updated the TFTP address in the "Settings" of phone and shipped it to Location B (which we usually do). Now the phone is connected to Switch in Location B. I deleted the phone from Location A Cluster/CUCM and configured it manually in Location B Cluster/CUCM. But, the phone was automatically getting registered in Location A cluster (When it is not at all connected/located in A Location). Weird? But, has anyone come across such a situation? 

Anyway, we did a "factory reset" and the phone got registered in Location B cluster. So, the issue is resolved. But, still I wonder how come it even registers with Cluster A when it is not at all connected there. 

Thanks again for your assistance

Rajeswari 

This is expected as security by default feature will prevent a phone previously registered to one cluster from registering to another cluster without deleting the ITL certificates from the phone which factory reset does for you. If you want to avoid this in the future you can exchange the certificates between the clusters so that phones can trust either CUCM.  There are plenty of posts on that topic you could find.

Phone status on CUCM is rejected, what do you see on the phone screen?
Disable the auto registration if by any chance auto registration is enabled, and try to configure the phone manually.

check if you have enough licence to register the phone, and make sure you do not have the same DN in cucm which the phone is trying to register. can be from route-plan report.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

make sure the phone is configured as 8945 and not 8845 as those are different models and this error would show up.

Have you tried doing factory reset as this could be ITL certificate issue as well.