cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber login issues in Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

majeed002
Level 1
Level 1

In Mac OS X 10.11, Cisco Jabber client (ver 11.1.0(221135)) login fails with "cannot communicate with server" error.  It was working fine with older version of Mac OS X.  Even now, it works when the user connects from internet using MRA.  But it fails internally as well as with VPN.  Any known issues around this.  Is there a workaround.  

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like your _cisco-uds SRV record may not be properly configured, i.e. proper domain. Looking at the logs on Jabber would reveal this.

I forgot to mention that this problem happens in a particular system.  It works fine when the same user logs in from some other system and it works fine for rest of the user.  Hence I am interested whether there is any compatibility issue with this version of Mac.

I can confirm that I am using Version 11.1.0 (221135) on OSX El Capitan (10.11) without any issues. I had been using an earlier version of the Jabber client and, when I upgraded to El Capitan, it would not log in but I just downloaded the latest version (11.1.0 (221135)) and it works fine now.

Hope this helps.

I am having a similar problem, we use manual configuration on Jabber (I have to set the server IP Address and no  _cisco-uds SRV record ) and we just have CUCM. When I select "CUCM" the Jabber dont give me the option to input username  and password, only the username@domain option.
Is there someone else having this issue too ?