cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SIP URI

SHAWN COPELAND
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I need some help manipulating the SIP URI that IM&P 9.1 assigns to a jabber client.  CUCM is AD integrated and v9.1, CUPS is 9.1.  I have tried changing the CUCM userid to mail and that does not fix the problem.  I need jabber to assign the email address as the URI as opposed to userid@domain.  I've opened a TAC case on this and the engineer is stumped as well.  Thanks for the help.            

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Shawn

Why do you need that sort of control over the CUPS users?

Is it for federation specifically? Or something else?

If it's for federation, see this :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/CUPConfig_chapter.html#wp1069620

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We are considering migrating from Lync/OCS.  I am first performing a proof of concept so there is an intradomain federation at least short term.  Lync and OCS uses the email address for the SIP URI and changing the URI does not make sense.  We have external federations where contacts have already been added using that URI format.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Other than the federation link that Aaron just referenced this is not possible. I explained how IM&P constructs the XMPP URI on another thread to understand why. Help us understand the reason behind the request and perhaps we can suggest an alternate solution.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I wanted to add a bit more info hoping there is a way to manipulate the username to reflect the email address.

Currently, the OCS SIP URI matches the email address in AD.  The email address and SIP URI are in the format "FirstNameLastName@domain".  I realize jabber is in the fomat userid@domain.  Is it possible to have IM&P/CUCM make the userid FirstNameLastName?