cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber VDI with HP ThinPro

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

We are deploying Jabber for VDI.  The Jabber client connects, but I am unable to choose "Use my computer" from device selection.  I am able to choose a physical phone associated with my user.  

Looking at the connection status, "Softphone for VDI" is not connected.  Drilling down further and looking at the details it shows:  The Virtual Channel Status is connected.  The Softphone CTI Status is connected.  SIP status is NOT connected.

HP ThinPro OS:  64 Bit 7.1.0 build 18 Service Pack 5

VMWare Horizen Client:  4.10

JVDI Agent Version:  12.7.1

JVDI Client Verson:  12.7.1

Jabber Version:  12.7.1

CUCM Version:  11.5.1.11900-26

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have proper CSF device configured in CUCM and associated with the end user?

Yes, confirmed with several engineers that config is good.  Thank you for your reply. 

We found out yesterday, that the Jabber for VDI solution is meant mainly for on-premise VDI users.  At home/remote VDI users require an ExpressWay server with Jabber MRA setup.  Have not tested it yet.  Still trying to speak with someone that has actually done it successfully.

Doug Johnstone
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Zebranutz80,

did you get the Jabber solution working correctly?

I'm having a problem just installing the JVDI client software on the HP ThinPro client. All the install guide says is pretty much "install the software"

Can you shed any light on the correct way to install the software?

Thanks

Doug