Views
Helpful
Replies

Keyswitch in Cisco CallManager

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer have a requirement that if an internal user want to dial outside (Local,Mobile.....etc), He must call the operator and the later give him a free line so he can have access.They dont want to use the concept of privilage like FAC for instance or something like that. I beleive this is used to be called keyswitch system.

I know it's not availabe in callmanager with a direct way, but what could be the workaround so we can get the same result?

The network setup includes two CUCM 8.5.1 ,two h.323 voice gateways using 12 FXO per each.

Appreciate your support.

Regards,

Amr Sherif

4 Replies 4

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I did some research and find out that this feature can be doable using cisco attendant console but the customer refuse to use any programs,Only the IP Phone must be used.

What could be possible options to make the abopve requirements?

Please Help...

Regards,

Amr Sherif

I haven't tried this directly, but this seems like it should work.

Put all the users in a Calling Search Space that only allows internal phone calls (i.e. the Internal CSS).  This will only allow the users to make internal phone calls.

Give the operator a CSS that allows for external phone calls (as well as internal).  Make sure the operator has a phone that has multiple lines and each line can make multiple calls.

When a user calls the operator, the operator does a conference (or transfer) of the user to the external number requested.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your post.I thought about that idea too it is very comprehensive but the problem concerns that the end user as to be the one who is dialing not the operator ,So it's like the opertor is just transfering a free channel to that end user so the later can proceed with dialing the required number.

So the question here is how to transfer in a way or another a free line to end users ???!!!!!

Appreciate your help......

Regards,

Amr Sherif

Without the attendant console I don't believe that this is possible.

There are also a few concerns with this method.  What happens if it is an emergency?  What if the operator isn't around?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!