Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keywords not working - stop a HOLD order and user service template not shown

Hi, I am new to Prime, and having troubles with the following:

1) service templates & keywords: how can I use keywords (to automatically fill in alerting name,  line text label etc) in a service template (eg. EM Line). When I use ${LASTNAME} for example, it does not get replaced by the correct value and it simply takes over the string ${LASTNAME}

2) I want to update the Subscribe CSS on the enduser pages for EM users. Therefor, I created a "user services"  service template. When I want to apply this for a specific user, by navigating to that user and then clicking the "change" in the user services section, it only shows the default user service template for that user.

(note: the "user services" service template created has the user role used by that specific user). Also: Is this the only way in Prime to alter the subscribe CSS on the user pages for EM users? Is it not possible to include this in the EM Access/Line service ??

3) how to stop an order that is in HOLD state, from unrecoverable error. It is not shown under the "all activities" section, even with the "include system activities" checkbox checked.

Any help is welcome,

Juan

1 Reply 1

Anthony Gerbic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Juan,

Let me take a crack at these questions.  It would be good to know what rev of PCP you are using since we have a lot of feature changes with every rev.

1) service templates & keywords: how can I use keywords (to automatically fill in alerting name,  line text label etc) in a service template (eg. EM Line). When I use ${LASTNAME} for example, it does not get replaced by the correct value and it simply takes over the string ${LASTNAME}

This may be an issue with an earlier rev of PCP where not all keywords work in all text fields. This should not be a problem in 11.0 and later revisions as we have improved the keyword coverage in the template line text fields. I believe the PCP 11.1 release also adds keywords to the description fields.  Starting in 11.2 (planned May 2016), all fields that take keywords have a little key next to them and if hovered over, will provide some keyword help text. The attached keyword gif shows the keys.

2) I want to update the Subscribe CSS on the enduser pages for EM users. Therefor, I created a "user services"  service template. When I want to apply this for a specific user, by navigating to that user and then clicking the "change" in the user services section, it only shows the default user service template for that user.

(note: the "user services" service template created has the user role used by that specific user). Also: Is this the only way in Prime to alter the subscribe CSS on the user pages for EM users? Is it not possible to include this in the EM Access/Line service ??

Are the associations (internally we call it syndication) correct in the service template setup for user services? See attached syndication_example gif. If the associations are correct then there might be a bug in the rev you are using.  I don't think the Subscribe CSS choice is currently available in the EM Access/Line service templates, as of PCP 11.1. 

3) how to stop an order that is in HOLD state, from unrecoverable error. It is not shown under the "all activities" section, even with the "include system activities" checkbox checked.

Hold orders are stopped. In the past if an unrecoverable error occurred, you would typically need an admin to stop it.  In the recent revs of PCP,  unrecoverable errors automatically move to the HOLD state which stops them.  Once in hold state you should be able to make another order, with corrections, for the service add/change.

Regards