Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing ESXi 5.0.0

myxxymoxx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have two UCSC-C220 Servers which I am building to host CUCMBE on. I have a message saying your valuation license will run out in 60 days.

How do I go about licensing these, surely this would come bundled in with the CUCMBE licensing???

Any pointers would be great!

10 Replies 10

oscar cordero
Level 1
Level 1

hola,

Im not sure about CUCM Bussiness Edition, I heard all is preinstalled even the VMWARE. but in normal CUCM 9.X, is necesary to install all from cero, VMWARE, CUCM, etc. So in normal CUCM in C260M2 or C220M3 (I think is the same license for all UCS, but Im only sure about thesse models) is necesary to buy a VMWARE licence like:

CISCOVMW-VS5-ST-1A=VMware vSphere 5 Standard (1 CPU)  1yr  Support Required2
CISCOUCS-VMW-TERMSAcceptance of Terms Standalone VMW License for UCS Servers2
UC OS (VMware) 2

Yes you have to buy a license for VMware either from Cisco or other sources.

Thanks

Srini

If you are ordering BE6K, then it had to have been ordered as a BE6K bundle SKU that covers app licensing, virtualization software license and UCS C220 hardware.  Do we know what BE6K bundle SKU was ordered?

For the virtualization software license, most of the BE6K bundle SKUs require setting quantity 1 or 2 of VMW-VS5-HYP-K9.   Forgetting this is a common quote error and to fix requires using PUT to get the license serial number, which requires ESW and UCSS to have been sold on the BE6K.  

Latest BE6K bundles ship with virtualization software pre-installed, but you still have to remember to quote it to get the paper license and the media DVD.  I think the BE6K team is going to make mandatory minimum quantity 1 in future bundles to remove "oops" factor here.

The error message sounds like they pulled a time-limited license off vmware.com (i.e. the "free ESXi download") instead of using a license shipped from Cisco.

If this is UC on UCS (un-bundled UCL/CUWL, VMware license, UCS software), then different answer.

-james

jzhang92
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you did not pruchase BE6000 server bundle which comes with the VMWare license,  you have to purchase VMWare license seperately. 

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thanks

Jing

kvarshne
Level 1
Level 1

When you order BE6000 bundle, the VMWare license is shipped with the box. It should have been pre-installed, but if you see the 60-day eval license warning. Locate the envelope marked as “Cisco Vmware vSphere Hypervisor 5.0” in the shipping box. Locate the card titled as “Right to Use Notification” in the envelope. Note down the Master serial number, which is the license activation key.

I have a BE6K, buy it as bundle with the following part number

BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=
CON-SNT-BE6KSTBD
CAB-9K10A-IT
BE6K-SW-9.X
CCX-90-CMBUNDLE-K9
CIT-PSU-BLKP
CIT-SD-16G-C220
CTI-VCSC-BE6K-PAK
LIC-VCS-10+
LIC-VCS-BASE-K9
LIC-VCS-GW
LIC-VCSE-5+
R2XX-RAID10
UC-A03-D500GC3
UC-CPU-E5-2609
UC-MR-1X082RY-A
UC-PSU-650W
UC-RAID-9266
VMW-VS5-HYP-K9
VMW-VS5-SNS

I don´t get Vmware license, which I can do?. This license did not come in the box with the BE6K.

These auto-included items are for the virtualization software:

VMW-VS5-HYP-K9

VMW-VS5-SNS

I’ll ask the midmarket team to confirm, but the first item used to ship a paper Right To Use license with a serial number for you to use (this is changing to eDelivery serial numbers in emails).

Note this is pre-combined (per-server not per-CPU) and is a pre-activated serial number (not a Cisco Product Authorization Key (PAK), not a VMware Partner Activation Code (PAC)), so does not require activation at cisco.com or vmware.com.

-james

Refer to James reply and following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3994686

The envelope marked as “Cisco Vmware vSphere Hypervisor 5.0” is shipped with the box. That is the part number listed by you. Open it and note down the key and apply using vCenter or vSphere client.

Hi,

This is the problem, I opened the box and don´t  came nothing.

which I can do?. I have the order sales,  I need resolve this case urgently.

How can I do to obtain this license?

BE6K bundles now auto-include VM-VS5-HYP-K9 for the preloaded license.  If the paper certificate isn't there, easiest is call TAC and show the SO# then they can provide license.  In future if BE6K bundles shift to eDelivery, this license will be emailed to the address configured in eDelivery.