Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading 2 active versions of CE9* software in CUCM 12.5

Iqbal51575
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a way I can load the latest ce9.15.25 software while retaining ce9.13.2 as active(in use) in CUCM 12.5.

Plan is gratually upgrading the ce9.13.2 based endpoints to ce9.15.25 using CUCM config load.

Seems we have 2 versions of IX9.1.3 & IX9.1.2 IX5000 softwares, which makes life easy to slowly upgrade the systems while maintaining the BAU tasks.

3 Replies 3

You can load both files to CUCM. make sure the default load shows ce9.13.2 until you plan to move.

Response Signature

I tried on Test environment, seems as soon as I upload latest software, in the CUCM OS Sys Admin>Device Load Management shows old one as Not in use and shows new one in In Use. And the endpoints no longer can download the old software.

Am I missing any steps while uploading(Install/Upgrade) the ce9_15_25 load. I use the 3GB software pack to cover wide ranges of endpoints that we have.

It shows in use because it is referenced in Device Defaults as @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote. To use the old one as the default for devices you’ll have to manually change this back to what it was set to prior to the installation of the new firmware version and then on the device(s) that you’d want to test the new version you’ll have to set the firmware load on the device configuration in CM so it doesn’t use the device default information. The file storage and TFTP service on the CM is no more than an arbitrator of files that the individual endpoints can request. You can have as many versions of firmware as you want, as long as you have room in the file system for them.

Response Signature