cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Make international calls through Unity

k.ms
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity 4.0 integrated with CCM 4.1(3)

We have a E1 PRI link(on a 3745 router) connected to PSTN.

Requirement - Some users want to make official international calls from there house through local office PSTN setup.

Plan(Call flow) - User should call the local Office PSTN number from there house wherein they get a prompt "welcome to ....Press 1 to reach an extension or 0 for Operator" & an hidden option say 2.To make international calls,user should dial 2 followed by the international PSTN number.

Idea is to bill the company for the International call.

Is this call flow possible on Unity????

Regds

KMS

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do something like this in 4.0(4) - there's a feature called Subscriber System Transfer - the conversation requires the user to identify themselves by logging in with their PW - then they can dial any number directly if it is allowed by the restriction tables associated with their class of service. All users that you want to allow this action for will need to have restriction tables for transfers that allow international calls.

This is much safer than putting a hidden item into a menu (anyone can dial that and you have instant toll fraud).

Hi,

Thanks for replying.I tried configuring the subscriber system transfer.But when I reach the subscriber system tranfer prompt & enter all user details & than dial the PSTN number, I hear a Music on hold for some time & than the call just disconnects.Below is what I configured-

1.Created a dummy ext 6666 to forward all to Voice mail.

2.In unity I configured forwarded calls(7777) to Subscriber system transfer.

3.created a restriction table called RT1 with below details

Dial string Call Pattern Allow

0 * Yes

2.Attached RT1 to class of service called COS1.Outcalling & Transfer set to RT1.

3.Attached COS1 to the subscriber.

When I dial 7777,asks for user id & pwd than asks for transfer number.When I dial the transfer number,I hear MOH for some time & call disconnects.

Internally all IP phones have full access to PSTN.

I also tried giving the exact mobile number as dial string in restriction table(ex - 09834567989#) but could not succeed

Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Regds

KMS

Also I could see below mentioned error in event viewer.

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 5 (Cisco Unity port 1): Failed blind transfer to extension 09834567989. Reorder tone detected. If this is a persistent problem, it may indicate a problem on the Cisco Unity and/or Cisco CallManager. Verify that transfers are working.

Regds

KMS

Hi Linborg, we tried this and it works ok. But what bothered us is billing issue. Can I change the dialed numuber after "subscriber system transfer" like

prefixing ANI between DNIS as new dialed numuber

???

Matthew Lee