cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Micro sip softphone with cucm 10.5.2

KARE
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with micro sip ,i have  registered micro sip with cucm 10.5.2 but when i start a call from  ( micro sip  > cisco ip phone 8865)  , the ip phone 8865 receives the video fine but when i start a call from  (ip phone 8865 > micro sip )  the video didn't work at all 

there is a log file attached to the forum

12 Replies 12

Hi @KARE ,

Can you please activate detailed trace on Serviceability menu , place a call from 8865 and post again?

Thanks

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

@Carlo Poggiarellithere are two log files from real time monitoring tool

thank you

Hi ,

In  the log I see that when the call is placed from 8865 to Microsip, a MTP resource is requested but CUCM MTP doesn't support VIDEO.

Let's do this test:

Close the 8865 camera, Call Microsip, once the call is established open the 8865's Camera a see if the video starts working.

Please also post the same log for this test

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Hey carlo ,

here is the log files but unfortunately the video isn't working

thank you for your help

Hi @KARE 

Is the microsip phone registered to CUCM?

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

yes

Hi,

I did a Lab for you and it seems  that microsip doesn't accept incoming video calls. I tried to register it to CUCM , Asterisk and another sip server and the result is what follows:

MICROSIP --> 8865 Video/Audio OK

8865 --> MICROSIP Video KO Audio OK  -- The "Answer With Video" option is grayed out (See the attached image)

MICROSIP --> MICROSIP Video KO Audio OK  -- The "Answer With Video" option is grayed out 

I'm investigating on the app logs to see if there is some System option to enable to accept Video Calls

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

FWIW: I wrote a lab for a class where a MicroSIP client was registered to an Expressway-C integrated with CUCM. In that lab, video calling worked in both directions (Jabber on CUCM and MicroSIP on Exp-C). I don't have access to that lab environment anymore, though, so I can't supply a log or config example.

We did configure the SIP Profile to do Early Offer Best Effort (no MTP) on the SIP Trunk. As noted earlier, a Cisco software MTP will always break video. 

Maren

Hi @Maren Mahoney 

That's what I noticed. CUCM always add an MTP resource and I also configured an IOS MTP with codec passthrough and adding it as Trusted Relay Point to both Microsip clients and 8865 with the same behaviour... Microsip "Answer With Video" option is grayed out.

I also applied as sip Profile with Early offer Best Effort but nothing seems to work.

Thanks a lot

Carlo

Don't 8865s use delayed offer when connecting to CUCM? If so, maybe having a SIP Profile for Best Effort/No MTP on both the MicroSIP and the 8865? Or have you tried that already....

Maren

Hi Maren,
Yes Indeed they use dalayed offer and applyed the sip profile with Best Effort No MTP but same behavior on MICROSIP client.. must be something on the client that we are missing because with Bria5  all works great..
I’ll keep investigating ‘:-)’

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Carlo

Good advise from @Carlo Poggiarelli . In particular, look at the SIP payload types. I have a vague recollection about different phone models using different payload types, so one side or the other would not realize it was getting a video stream.