Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft PowerBI with CUIC

michael.manea1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

since some weeks i'am working with Microsoft PowerBI for different Reports, the last days i saw there is also a Informix Connector.
So i tried to get from the PowerBI to the CUIC DB to have all the information as a easy use Report.

But i was not able to get a connection to the System. Errormessage

Details: "Microsoft Informix Client: The connect timeout period expired before the DRDA server responded to the DRDA client connection request. SQLSTATE=HYT01 SQLCODE=-7049

Does anyone of you tried the same or have any ideas how to get the connection?

Best regards
Michael

6 Replies 6

Kevin Brooks
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do the same thing, but also receive that error. If I find a solution, I will update this post.

I am having the same problem, were you able to get this resolved?

jhing1985
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to do the same thing. Has this been resolved?

Yes, we were able to resolve. Microsoft PowerBi doesn't support ONSTCP protocol which is what Cisco wants to connect to the Informix Database.

On a windows server / workstation, we installed the Informix drivers and built a system DSN using the ODBC connection.

Microsoft PowerBI could then use this system DSN to connect to the UCCX database.

It wasn't the most elegant and is a little quirky, but it did the job for us.

Hi @dagraham:

How did you set up the ODBC connection below? Similar to a wallboard and uccxhruser setup, I'm guessing? But how did you reference this via the PowerBI ODBC connector as I cannot get it working?

"On a windows server / workstation, we installed the Informix drivers and built a system DSN using the ODBC connection. Microsoft PowerBI could then use this system DSN to connect to the UCCX database."#

Rob

cheredia1
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know if there is a update to accommodate compatibility?