cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration CUCM from 8.0 on MCS to 10.5 on UCS ( reqired files )

Dear All  ,

i am doing a Migration from CUCM 8.0.3.23900-5 to 10.5 Using PCD

kindly i need to know wich COP files i have to upload to the CUCM 8.0 before the upgrade and where have i install it ? , on Pub only or on all servers .

also please i need to know the needed license and when should i use it , ( before or after upgrade ) .

Thanks in Advance ,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

As per the Release Notes

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades to Release 10.5(2) using Prime Collaboration Deployment

Follow these guidelines if you are using Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment to upgrade Cisco Unified Communications Manager to release 10.5(2):

• PCD upgrades or non-PCD upgrades from release 10.0(1) or 10.5(1) are supported. Migrations from 10.0(1) or 10.5(1) using Prime Collaboration Deployment are not supported. For definitions of migrations and upgrades, see the latest release of the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment Administration Guide. For additional details, see CSCur99079.

• Before upgrading to release 10.5(2), you must download and install the COP file ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn on every node in the cluster prior to upgrading. This Cisco Options Package (COP) file has the RSA keys that are required to validate the upgrade.

• If you are upgrading from 6.1(5), 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, or 10.x, you must disable the time synchronization between the VM instance and the ESXi. To disable the time synchronization issue, follow the instructions at the following URL:

http:/​/​kb.vmware.com/​selfservice/​microsites/​search.do?language=en_​US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1189

An alternative method is to configure the ESXi server and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager publisher node to point to the same NTP server.

This resolves CSCur94973.

You can download COP files from the following location on cisco.com: Downloads > Products > Unified Communications > Call Control > Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.5

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/PCD/10_5_2/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052_chapter_010.html#CUCM_RF_U0BD2861_00

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

[+5] to Manish.

for licensing, you need to run the License Count Utility .The same can be downloaded from cisco site  and can be run from the PC from where existing Call Manager 8. x is reachable.You would get a csv file with details of existing licneses as per BASIC/Essential/UCL Enhanced/Enhanced Plus/CUWL Std /Installed DLUs/Uninstalled DLUs including IP address of existing PUB.

When u run LUC, u need to enter application username and password of CUCM 8.

No , ater the call manager is upgraded to CUCM 10, from PLM u can generate a file.the same u can get from PLM---licensing ---Fulfilment--other Fulifilment Options ---Generate License request and copy this in Notpead.

Visit www.cisco.com/go/license and enter the PAKs which u have got from Cisco  for Migration.Select the quantity as 1 and paste the contents from Notepad.

You would get the license file on your registered email-ID.

Now, u go back to PLM, Fulfile licenses from File and browse the file.Prior this, create a product instance in PLM .

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

As per the Release Notes

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Upgrades to Release 10.5(2) using Prime Collaboration Deployment

Follow these guidelines if you are using Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment to upgrade Cisco Unified Communications Manager to release 10.5(2):

• PCD upgrades or non-PCD upgrades from release 10.0(1) or 10.5(1) are supported. Migrations from 10.0(1) or 10.5(1) using Prime Collaboration Deployment are not supported. For definitions of migrations and upgrades, see the latest release of the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment Administration Guide. For additional details, see CSCur99079.

• Before upgrading to release 10.5(2), you must download and install the COP file ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn on every node in the cluster prior to upgrading. This Cisco Options Package (COP) file has the RSA keys that are required to validate the upgrade.

• If you are upgrading from 6.1(5), 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, or 10.x, you must disable the time synchronization between the VM instance and the ESXi. To disable the time synchronization issue, follow the instructions at the following URL:

http:/​/​kb.vmware.com/​selfservice/​microsites/​search.do?language=en_​US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1189

An alternative method is to configure the ESXi server and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager publisher node to point to the same NTP server.

This resolves CSCur94973.

You can download COP files from the following location on cisco.com: Downloads > Products > Unified Communications > Call Control > Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.5

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/PCD/10_5_2/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052_chapter_010.html#CUCM_RF_U0BD2861_00

HTH

Manish

[+5] to Manish.

for licensing, you need to run the License Count Utility .The same can be downloaded from cisco site  and can be run from the PC from where existing Call Manager 8. x is reachable.You would get a csv file with details of existing licneses as per BASIC/Essential/UCL Enhanced/Enhanced Plus/CUWL Std /Installed DLUs/Uninstalled DLUs including IP address of existing PUB.

When u run LUC, u need to enter application username and password of CUCM 8.

No , ater the call manager is upgraded to CUCM 10, from PLM u can generate a file.the same u can get from PLM---licensing ---Fulfilment--other Fulifilment Options ---Generate License request and copy this in Notpead.

Visit www.cisco.com/go/license and enter the PAKs which u have got from Cisco  for Migration.Select the quantity as 1 and paste the contents from Notepad.

You would get the license file on your registered email-ID.

Now, u go back to PLM, Fulfile licenses from File and browse the file.Prior this, create a product instance in PLM .

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman for your fast respose ,

so i have to run LCU first to create the csv file which i will send to License team .

sorry i couldn't find LCU for 8.0.3 , i just found LCU for CUCM 8.6 . is it the same ??

also i read this

" the Cisco License Count Utility or User Count Tool that allows you to take a picture of what your Pre 9.x CUCM will look like when you upgrade to CUCM 9.x "

is it needed or what ?

Thanks .

Hi,

you can download the LCU from below link

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=285963825&softwareid=282204704&release=COP-Files&os

file name is License Count Utility (LCU) 9.1.2 zip file

LCU tells about what all licneses would be consumed after u upgrade to 9.x

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman , i get the idea :)

Thanks Manish for your kindly fast response ,

so i am not in need to upload the ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop.sgn COP FIle on all nodes ??

also is there is a need to restart the PUB or any servers after upload the COP file ??

Thanks