cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of Cisco Unity VM / Call manager VM to third part vendor

saikrishna2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team, I would like to clarify about migrating Cisco unity connection VM or Call manager Virtual machine from Cisco UCS to another provider. I read from the below site that Vmware vSphere ESXi is mandatory for all virtualized deployments of Cisco Collaboration applications, and is the only supported hypervisor.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-software-requirements.html

My question is that anything other than Vmware vSphere ESXi is not supported for Call manager , unity connection or collaboration products right ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Currently, VMware is the exclusive virtualization platform supported for the installation of CUCM , Unity Connections and Cisco's UC applications. Any platform other than VMware is not supported.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Correct, the only hypervisor that Cisco supports for their UC infrastructure is ESXi. For the server side of things it’s a bit more relaxed. You can pretty much use any hardware that is on the VMware compatibility list as long as you abide by the rules that Cisco has set up for virtualisation.

To read more about this see this link. Cisco Collaboration Virtualization 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Currently, VMware is the exclusive virtualization platform supported for the installation of CUCM , Unity Connections and Cisco's UC applications. Any platform other than VMware is not supported.

Response Signature

Correct, the only hypervisor that Cisco supports for their UC infrastructure is ESXi. For the server side of things it’s a bit more relaxed. You can pretty much use any hardware that is on the VMware compatibility list as long as you abide by the rules that Cisco has set up for virtualisation.

To read more about this see this link. Cisco Collaboration Virtualization 

Response Signature