cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration to new unity server: Can the new server work in parallel with the old one

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a customer that has unity 4 server running with exchange, no failover.  They are moving to two unity server clusters on new servers unity 8. My question is that throughout the migration phase can we have all unity servers working in parallel.

My concern is the AD since i will have to run the ADschema to extend the AD for the new servers however will this affect the old server, i know it is backward compatible but can someone confirm that this can be done with no issues.

Also the exchange aspect can two unity servers accessed the same exchange server at the same time for testing purposes?

Therotically all the live users will exist on the same CSS on call manager but if i am integrating with call manager with the new unity servers i will be using a different css for testing. Ports will be assigned to on a different line group.

Will this work in parallel with no issues?

1 Reply 1

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

So you are correct the Schema upgrades are backwards compatible. So there should be no issue there.

Reading your plan I do not see any issues. I do not anticipate that you will have any issue from what you have said.

Thanks,

Scott