cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 for Unity 7.0(2).

Hi.

I had followed all the steps of "Using Microsoft Exchange 2010 with Cisco Unity Versions 8.0, 7.0, and 5.0".  document

I used engineering specials 40 (ES 40) and  Unity Server Updates wizard ver 3.0.10

But when,  I execute Message Store Config Wizard, there is not option to select Exchange 2010, if I try to select Exchange 2007, it gives me the error:

Exchange System Tools is not installed.

When I create a new mailbox, Unity Administration I get the error:

Lookup of default Mailbox Home Server failed.

This may indicate that the default mailstore value in Unity is not configured correctly

The worse is that after 3 or 4 hours of the server operation, the server get blocking, I can do anything else, the equipment does not respond, I push the turn off button but noting happen, the equipment is not turned off. I have to press the power button to restart the server

Nevertheless, Unity continues operating, the voice mail function and the operator too. The voicemail are coming to the user mailbox of Exchange 2010.

regards

1 Reply 1

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

You are not getting to partner with Exchange 2010 while running MSCW because the ES patch did not install properly.Try the following:

(Note: you have not mentioned the Unity version, but i assume that you are referring to Unity Version 7.0.2)

#Uninstall the ES40.

#Install ES35.

#Run MSCW to confirm that you get the Exchange 2010 option.

#you can then proceed with installation of  ES40.

(You can install ES40 without having to uninstall ES35 as a higher number ES can always be installed over a lower numbered ES)

I think all your problems should get fixed after partnering with Exchange 2010.

Please rates useful posts.

Regards,

Saurabh