Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving from 4 digit to 5 digit

scooter318
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I recently started a new role and they are wanting to move from 4 digit to 5 digit dialing. I wanted to know can someone tell me what would be the best way to get this accomplished.

1. Currently they have a filter in AD that will only allow users to populate in CUCM if they have the IP phone field configured. What I want to know is what would be the easiest way to update all the extensions in AD and then do a sync in CUCM to update all the phones. Also what would I need to do to update the CTI RP because those aren't in AD.

2. What would be the best way to update the user accounts and the call handlers in CUC.

Thank you in advance for the help and I look forward to you replies and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I'm reading this right, you think that updating the DN in AD and then performing a full sync with that new data will automagically update all the phones DNs?

If so, that's not how this works, the only thing you will update is the DN shown under the user details.

Your options are going to be BAT or use the APIs to do that. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I'm reading this right, you think that updating the DN in AD and then performing a full sync with that new data will automagically update all the phones DNs?

If so, that's not how this works, the only thing you will update is the DN shown under the user details.

Your options are going to be BAT or use the APIs to do that. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie

AS Java mentioned, For updating DN  your option is to use BAT or a script.

Response Signature