cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA for jabber mobile phone configuration

Meddane
VIP
VIP

Does anyone knows if there is differences between MRA  for windows and MRA for mobile phone like android in terms of jabber software requirements and implementation.

I configured several times MRA for jabber windows.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

MRA is mobile and remote access feature. There is nothing called MRA windows and MRA mobile device.

when you configure Jabber, you need to configure as CSF for laptop. BOT for android, TCT for iPhone.

Response Signature

Yes I know that. Some Telepresence endpoints such as DX EX or MX support also MRA.

Over MRA Are you trying to register devices  or jabber client, can you explain a bit more about your requirement?

Response Signature

I am looking the differences between implementing Cisco Jabber for windows to use MRA and Cisco Jabber for android to use MRA.

When configuring jabber you need to configure windows jabber as CSF and android jabber as BOT. AFAIk thats the difference.

Response Signature

There is no difference. The Jabber client, regardless of type, will do a service discovery to connect. If it finds the SRV record for MRA it would use it to connect, this should only be present in the external DNS zone, if it does not it would continue to do the service discovery for the internal SRV record, that should be present in the internal DNS zone.

For more details please see this presentation from Cisco Live. https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library.html?search.event=ciscoliveemea2019&search.featured=cloSessionsWithVideo&search.technology=scpsTechnology_collaboration&search=Troubleshoot%20Jabber#/session/1532112838864001tLPF

Response Signature