cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not turning off

stisinai
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity VM 4.0(4) system with exchange 2000 as the message store. When a user gets a message the MWI light turns on just fine. When they check their messages, the light stays on. I have checked the users mailbox in exchange and it is empty. I check the subscriber messages page and it indicates that the MWI is on. I click refresh status and nothing changes. Any ideas on why unity would think there were still messages in the mailbox?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am curious if Unity acutally thinks that there is still a message. Has this worked in the past?

Open \commserver\utilities\portstatusmonitor\portstatusmonitor.exe and monitor last several ports. Leave a subscriber a message and you should see

Dialing (MWI) 'xxxx'

Have the sub chk the message, and I want to know if you see

Dialing (MWI) 'xxxx'

and if yes, how many times. If you don't see another one, then it's broken between Unity and Exchange.

H. M.

rmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I have encountered this same problem when testing the failover on our system. A reboot of the system has solved this problem.

I am seeing this same issue. Rebooting is not an option, and all servies on Unity are up and running all message activity is working, just not MWI.

This clearly seem like a bug to me.

The MWI status that you see in the Subscriber page only indicates what state Unity _thinks_ the lamp is in. So for example, if the subscriber gets a new message and Unity successfully sends a lamp on request to the phone system then the Subscriber page will show that Unity thinks the lamp is on. Now, once the subscriber deletes all the messages Unity should attempt to extinguish the lamp. If this attempt results in some error from the phone system then Unity will continue to show the subscriber's lamp as on, and rightly so.

As Hin suggested, a good first step would be to verify that Unity is indeed making the attempt to extinguish the lamp. In addition to watching the status monitor, you should also check the application event logs. Something typically gets logged if a failure occurs when an MWI request to the phone system fails.

Regards,

Eric

I've got exact oposite problem to this, time after time the MWI doesn't come up. But this issue seams to be specific only to CP-7970.

regards

filip

Well, after many hours of checking everything... I verified that Unity was trying to send the MWI to the phones. I verified that all of the partitions and calling search spaces were correct on the voicemail ports. I tried every combination of Parts/ CSS.

It turned out that I was just a little slow and never checked the Partition / CSS of the MWI off entry. It was still set to none/none and did not work for any phones in partitions other than none.

Thank you for all your help.

so, is there a solution to this yet?

There are two users who are having this issue... How do i track that. I have checked the event logs of both the client and server. I don't see any thing suspicious there..

Please post the solution if you have it

stratford1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. If anyone knows the solution, please post it.

I have already rebooted the Unity server and the exchange server.