Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help - cucm 9.1 installation on MCS SERVER

nasirbh78
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All;

I would like to install cucm 9.1 on MCS SERVER - MCS-7825 -H2. I can upgrade RAM and HDD if required.

Is there any way to install ? according to cisco matrix sheet it is supported upto cucm 8.6 but some of engineers which i have links they are saying it will work properly just upgrade the RAM and HDD.

We have BE6K one machine only with cucm 9.1 . i want to utlize our one MCS server for subscriber because we don't have budget this time to buy one more UCS server.

Please kindly suggest me what to do...... you can find attached file for exact model no.

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Muhammad,

As per the following link it does not support cucm 9.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Even if you manage to install 9.x on it by upgrading RAM and HDD it will not be TAC and BU supported and may result in some unexpected issues.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish;

Thanks. You are 100% right but i want to utilize that server. we have IBM Blade server, can i use it ? its latest Blade Server.

Problem is i have only one ucs box atlease one subscriber should be out of this box.... what u say ...manish

Hi Manish;

I searched but failed to find. how much minimum disk space requirement for cucm 9.1 ?

Hi Muhammad,

As per the same link 'For 8.6 and above 4GB RAM and 146 GB disk drive are minimum  required.' for MCS servers. For UCS you need to check the RAM , CPU and Disk requirements as per the OVA.

Manish

Hi Manish;

Let me check. Is it good practice to utilize IBM Blade server for subscriber ?

Hi Muhammad,

There are no limitations with any hardware as long as it conforms with the hardware specifications for MCS or Vitualized servers.

Manish