Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to install upgrade license on CUCM

Abzal Abdimanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I had a CUCM 9.x version and updated it to 11.5 version in 2017. We bought upgrade licenses (UPG-UCM9TO11-ENH-A) before updating, however have not installed it yet. Now I can not install it. This error message appears:  "The file you are attempting to install is not a valid license file. If it is a license file and the problem persists, the file might be corrupted". Can I install it now? Could you help me?

4 Replies 4

Have you converted the PAK to Licenses file ? You must reach out to GLO. Open a Licensing TAC case.

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

NithinEluvathingal_1-1684215418642.png

Note:- CUCM 11.5 are EOL announced versions and you must think of moving to latest.

Response Signature

Abzal Abdimanov
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to install upgrade licenses without creating a case?

Let me see if I’m understanding your post correctly. Back in 2017 you upgraded from v9 to v11.5 and you bought at that time an upgrade license for going from 9 to 11, but you never installed it. Now six years later you for some reason find it suitable to install the license. Did I get that correct? I’m assuming that your system has been working fine during this time. May I ask you what the reason to do that would be and also why you didn’t install the file six years ago?

Response Signature

After a period of time, if the PAK was not used you cant activate. You must reach out to Licensing TAC and no smartnet is required for that.

Response Signature