cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No voicemail from outside line

sullyjman12
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon!  Im a bit new to the voice world so please be gentle.  I have the basic knowledge of Cisco call manager and Unity so hopefully this wont be too painful!

I had a user call up earier today saying that when someone calls from the outside they dont get prompted for the voicemail greeting (the one she recorded).  I called her up by her ext and the voicemail prompt came right up, called her number from my cell phone nothing.  I called several times and nothing came up at all.  One of the times I left the phone on the hook and after 30 seconds a the voice of to rerecord or delete you message came up.   So its not prompting the intro voice greeting, I set it back to the cisco default and still nothing.  The user is located at a different site connecting to our network through MPLS.

Cisco call manager verison:  6.1.4.1000-10

If you need any other information please dont hesitate to ask!  Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

This sounds a bit more like an issue of intermittent one way audio due to a routing issue of some kind... or perhaps delayed cut-through... hard to say at this point without more information.   What type of PSTN gateway is being used (MGCP/H.323/SIP)?

Can you perforn an extended ping from the Unity server to the IP address of the PSTN gateway (as seen in CUCM) and see if there's any packets being dropped?

Is there only one language installed on the Unity server?   If you were using Unity Connection, rather than Unity, I'd be checking the greetings for all languages recorded for the user (in case the system default language is different to the language they're using themselves)... but it sounds like you're not even hearing initial system prompts.

Kind regards,

Craig

Thank you, im really new to the network so im still trying to get access to the routers (no one seems to know the enable passwords). 

As soon as I get the information you requested ill post it.