cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On-Call Rotation - Best way to setup?

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running CUCM and Unity v9.1.2 and I am looking to create some basic after-hours call routing. I have 3 technicians that this would likely rotate from Sunday-Saturday, but I am not sure what's the best way to configure.

We currently use RDP for our personal extensions and mobility calls. I was thinking I would create a RDP for the extension associated with our support line, and then have that send off to the person on after-hours support. Though this would have to manually be changed as needed, which means someone will ultimately forget to do it.

I also thought about using Caller Input options, but once again that would have to be manually done. 

Any ideas on how to best accomplish this? If I've missed any details please let me know!

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately CUCM offers no way to configure a schedule that would repeat every x number of days, it only allows you to do this at fixed days and fixed hours.

I know some 3rd party vendors are using the external call control feature from CUCM to modify the call routing, that would be the option that I'm aware of.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately CUCM offers no way to configure a schedule that would repeat every x number of days, it only allows you to do this at fixed days and fixed hours.

I know some 3rd party vendors are using the external call control feature from CUCM to modify the call routing, that would be the option that I'm aware of.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, your quick response is much appreciated!