Views
Helpful
Replies

Oracle ODBC Client for IPIVR

michael.dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Does anyone out there know the correct Oracle Client Software to install on IPIVR servers to allow connections from IPIVR to Oracle Databases?

I have succesful connections to SQL Server databases from our IPIVRs

I have also installed and tested an Oracle Client (Instaclient_11_2) on the Server and tested connectivity to the database in question via ODBC Administrator. I suspect this is the wrong type fo client for IPIVR interoperability.

I have linked the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver via this client to the database in question and tested outside of IPIVR o.k.

When I attempt to establish the database in IPIVR, I get an error.

"* One or more of the connection parameters (Datasource Name, User Name or Password) are invalid"

In the MADM logs I get the messages below.

Our Database experts can't help and Searches have turned up a blank apart from fleeting references to others with successful Oracle DB connections.

Anyone out there who can help?

INSTALCLIENT

6169: Sep 10 13:54:17.089 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:EDBSController.writeDatasource() - Starting........................

6170: Sep 10 13:54:17.089 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:EDBSController.writeDatasource() - datasourceOld:,datasource:TESTCLARIFY,userName:IPIVR,maxConnections:20

6171: Sep 10 13:54:17.089 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:AppAdminUtil.attemptClusterMutex() - Thread :MADM_ADM_CFG_CLUSTERMUTEX-31-0-ADM_CFG_CLUSTERMUTEX renewing the cluster mutex.

6172: Sep 10 13:54:17.105 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:EDBSController.writeDatasource() - ConfigNotFoundException occured

6173: Sep 10 13:54:17.105 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-7-UNK:before trying to test connection

6174: Sep 10 13:54:17.105 EST %MADM-LIB_CLUSTER_CFG-6-MUTEX_SUCCESSFULLY_RENEWED:Mutex successfully renewed: owner=$$##$$%%--1378785257058 CRS Administration, node=1, id=4,usage=Cluster Mutex acquired by EDBS Update.,userInfo=37461,leaseDate=Tue Sep 10 13:55:47 EST 2013

6180: Sep 10 13:54:35.168 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-3-ADM_EXCEPTION:Unknown ADM Exception: Exception=java.sql.SQLException: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

6181: Sep 10 13:54:35.168 EST %MADM-ADM_CFG-3-EXCEPTION:java.sql.SQLException: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Regards,

Mike Dunn

Senior Voice Analyst

Singtel Optus

Sydney, Australia

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you tell us the IP IVR version?

Thanks.

G.

7.0(1)SR05_Build504

Hi,

did you configure the tnsnames.ora file?

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Tnsnames.ora

Did you configure the datasource on the IP IVR/UCCX Data sources page?

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thanks for your response.

To answer your questions:

1) did you configure the tnsnames.ora file?

Yes, obviously, or I would not have been able to test the connection outside of IPIVR with the instaclient.

2) Did you configure the datasource on the IP IVR/UCCX Data sources page?

Yes, and failed with the error and log messages I posted.

The question I posed was, does anyone know the correct Oracle client to install?

As you know, unlike SQL Server, which does not require a special client, you need a client to get Oracle working, and there must be a specific client or clients which IPIVR expects. Do you know which one? That is the question I need answered. I'm also trying to find out the correct client via my Cisco support contacts, so if you don't know, that's o.k.

cheers,

Mike

Hi,

yes, about 1, I realized that.

Let me just turn this around: can you give me the link to the Oracle client you are trying to use? I might have a 7.0 UCCX in my lab so I can test and see myself.

Also, what is the Oracle DB version?

G.