Views
Helpful
Replies

PCP extension mobility service provisioning

jstrittmatter
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm using PCP 11.1.0 and have setup service templates for extension mobility access and extension mobility line. When I try to provision extension mobility and lie for a user, the celection of extension mobility type is required but the corresponding drop-down menu is empty.

What is 'extension mobilty type' and where do I have to configure it?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before an extension mobility line can be provisioned for a user in Provisioning (PCP), we must first add 'extension mobility access'.
There are two major pre-requisites that must be fulfilled before these options are available in PCP:

>> The call processor (CUCM) in Infrastructure Setup must be setup with the correct EM
Service Name and URL
>> Extension Mobility as a service must be added to the user role assigned to the user

Manish

Hello Manish,

the call processor is corectly setup with EM service. I did some additional testing and found following result:

- if the user only has Jabber devices provisioned, the Extension Mobility Type is empty.

- user must have at least one hardware phone provisioned, i.e. 8851, then when provisioning EM this device type is selectable as Extenstion Mobility Type.

That dows not make sense to me, because in this specific customer environment, no user has hardware phones assigned to them. They all use Jabber or log in to a open space phone using EM.

On CUCM you are also able to configure EM device profile for users that do not have a hardware phone assigned to them.

So, why dies PCP limit EM privisioning to users that have hardware phone assinged? Is this a bug?

Screenshots shows EM provisioning when no hardware phone assinged (extension mobility type drop-down menu empty) vs. one 8851 phone assinged ('Cisco 8851' in drop-down menu).

Juergen

Can't answer your question 100% but to me it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to provision EM for a non-physical phone.  The point of EM  is users moving around and logging into a new phone.  

Steffen Lehmann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jürgen,

I believe it depends on the devices allowed for that user role or if not set default user role (Administration\Roles\DefaultUserType and assigned device types.

It worked here with 11.2 (available since 11th of may) without any problems.

Regards

Steffen

Hello Steffen,

I've got the same issue with 11.2, but did some more testing and was able to fix it. I found out, that the user role must have at least one endpoint service assigned. It is not necessary that the user has an endpoint of that type provisioned but assigning and provisioning a Jabber client is nut sufficient. when hardware endpoint service template to the user role, I can select that endpoint type when provisioning extension mobility to a user.

Juergen