cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permission Wizard Tool - 24Hrs to complete?

wrightmp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , we have been having problems witha Unity install and have Just rebuilt it. We started to run Permisions Wizard and it is taking a very long time to complete- 24Hrs? Is this showing up an AD issue, or just a reflextion of a large AD?

Previous installs have taken only a few minutes. We are running the latest permissions wizard from answermonkey.net.

Any ideas most welcome.

3 Replies 3

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the application and system logs to see if there are any failures. If you are working with child domains, are you logging on with top-level domain administrator?

I will check app and system log. Yes the account are high level accounts and we are working on child domains. They are running an AD over many countries.

I will back with the log info.

Regards M

Hi , I have checked the logs and I am seeing no related errors. The perm wizard passed all but 3 things(99%) which we are dealing with - it just seemed awefully slow.

One of the errors (see message 2 above this one) was referencing a "Deleted Objects" folder which the AD guys cannot find. I do not wish to change the subject , but just thought I`d mention it.

Thanks Mark