cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIN before connecting to an extension.

restrickland
Level 1
Level 1

I have an paging system connected to my Call Manager 5.5, and the paging sytem is assigned an extension. Currently if any one knows the extension they can access the paging system. I would like to put a password or PIN on the extension.

Is this possible and how is it done?

Thanks in advance,

RS

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about using FAC on the route pattern pointing to the paging adaptor FXO port? Even though this is a 6.X guide it also applies to 7.X,8,x etc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html#wp1052254

Srini

I was also thinking this would be a good method to accomplish my goal. However, I forgot to mention that the paging unit is an analog device that is connected to a Media Gateway, and the media gateway connects to our Call Manager. Do you think this going to cause an issue?

So if that media gateway is connected to a FXO port and you have a route pattern pointing to that FXO port, then that code would basically ensure you couldn't hit that gateway without the FAC

Srini

Would that restrict calls to every phone on that media gateway or just that extension? or is that determined by the route pattern?

Thanks, Roy