Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration 10.6

uddinabu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How to change CUCM 10.5.2 Cluser ID (Enterprise Parameters) and monitor Multiple Clusters(CUCM, VCS etc.) by Collaboration Assurance 10.6

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies 7

Hi ,

you should change the 'Cluster ID' directly in the 'CUCM Administration > System > Enterprise Parameters'.

For PCA, this 'Cluster ID' must be unique.

Hope this helps.

Hi Marcelo,

I tried 'CUCM Administration > System > Enterprise Parameters' but unfortunately it does not work.

Note that I did open a TAC case and looks like there is a bug for CUCM 10.5.2- can not change Cluster ID.

Thanks

Hi uddinabu1,

I think this is the bug that you are talking about: CSCut23185.

After solving this problem with TAC, you will be able to change the 'Cluster ID' in CUCM and use it in PCA.

Regards.

Hi Marcelo,

I was going through the bug mentioned but as of now no workaround exists.Let us see if TAC can help us .

The CUCM Cluster ID cannot be modified. The administrator logs on to the CUCM Administration page, navigates to System > Enterprise Parameters, and changes the Cluster ID from the current value (e.g. StandAloneCluster) to a new value (e.g. DFWCluster). The administrator clicks Save, then sees a popup message "Cluster ID: Restart all services for the parameter change to take effect." The change does not persist. When reloading the page, the Cluster ID reverts to its previous value (e.g. StandAloneCluster).

Conditions:
CUCM version 10.5.2.10000-5

Workaround:
No workaround currently exists.

regds,

aman

Here is a workaround and it works.

1. Open CUCM>System > Enterprise Parameters

2. Change Cluster ID from  StandAloneCluster to HQCluster

3. Click Save.

4. See Popup: “Cluster ID: Restart all services for the parameter change to take effect.”

5. Click OK to dismiss the popup.

6. Click Save again.

7. Reload the page and observe the Cluster ID has been successfully changed.

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for sharing ... I was having the same problem.

Hi uddinabu1,

excellent news!!! (+5 for that)

Regards.